A Message from the Superintendent
Dear Families and Community Members of Roselle School District 12,
We are excited to get the 2020-21 school year started. As teachers and staff have returned to our buildings, the excitement and energy is palpable. We have missed having our schools filled with our D12 students! As we continue to adjust and adapt to living through a pandemic, our missing statement and the skills we have identified for future success are even more critical so that the students in our classrooms today become the leaders and problem-solvers of tomorrow.
The mission of Roselle District 12 is to provide explicit instruction and authentic experiences so that students develop the social, emotional, academic, and life skills critical for success:
- adaptability to change
- confident and compassionate collaboration
- critical thinking and problem-solving
- digital competency
- executive functioning: organization, time management, and goal-setting
While this year is going to look very different, our commitment to each of our students remains the same. We will have some students learning in the schools and some students learning at home; however, we will have the same high expectations for learning and growth for all.
In District 12, we have identified the following as our core beliefs:
- all students are OUR students
- everyone in D12 must learn and grow
- school must be a safe space for everyone where we prioritize relationships and connections
- all students deserve to be prepared for limitless opportunities
- decisions are made based on the needs of students
If you are new to District 12, welcome! Roselle is a supportive community that puts a high priority on education. We look forward to the new challenges and opportunities that the new school year will bring.
Dr Mary Henderson, Superintendent